ADMIN: March Updates

As was requested during our evaluation, following are some informational
items regarding P2Tech which should help to make it a better list server.
Please let me know if you have any questions, comments or concerns.

1.  Goals of P2Tech:  P2Tech is designed to promote discussions between and
among technical assistance providers. It is a free service.
  --  Any questions, comments or announcements of interest to the P2
technical assistance community should be posted here.
  --  Any personal comments should be directed to the individual in
question, rather than to the entire group.
  --  NPPR has a list server for policy related discussions.  Please send
such questions to <nppr@great-lakes.net>.

I recently changed the configurations so that the reply function on your
e-mail package sends the message ONLY to the author of the message.  PLEASE
cc: p2tech@great-lakes.net with any value added information.  Please DO NOT
cc: P2Tech with any personal information or materials requests.

**** Let me know how this is working! *****

2.  Remember the archives:  P2Tech archives are searchable by subject back
through January, 1997, at <http://www.great-lakes.net/lists/p2tech/>.

3.  A list of subscribers is available from me upon request.  Remember,
that the list should be used for information only and should NOT be used
for advertisements or business solicitations

***Note: if you receive a solicitation or request for money that you feel
is inappropriate, please forward it to me.  This is a bit of a gray area:
recommending vendors, suggesting reading materials you have authored, or
advertising for jobs, are all okay.  It is the blatant advertisements or
request for $ in exchange for information that are not acceptable.  P2Tech
provides a FREE exchange of information. ****

4.  Statistics:  P2Tech currently has about 468 subscribers from the US,
Canada, South Africa, Argentina, Austria, Spain, England, Holland,
Tasmania, Singapore, Ireland, Australia, Israel, and Brazil.  Approximately
20 people are subscribed or resubscribed (after changing organizations or
otherwise leaving) per month.  Approximately 10 people per month are
unsubscribed permanently from the list.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or comments.

Thanks,
Lisa

Lisa C. Merrifield				listman@wmrc.hazard.uiuc.edu
List Manager					217.244.6061 (v)
IL Waste Management and Research Ctr.	217.333.8944 (f)
One East Hazelwood Dr.				Champaign, Illinois 61820