Solvent alternatives

Hi p2techs,

I am working with an Industry that uses xylene as a paint thinner in their
process.  Most of the xylene is recycled on site by a distillation process
and the still bottoms (sludge) generated from the waste xylene is disposed
of hazardously.  I was curious to know if there is a suitable alternative
for xylene (any water based solvents) available.  My e-mail address is
listed below.  Any ideas would be helpful.  Thank you.

Rex.
REX S ARUL                     TEAM LEADER
999 SW 16TH AVENUE APT #68     INDUSTRIAL ASSESSMENT CENTER
GAINESVILLE, FL 32601          P.O BOX 116595, 303 WEIL HALL
                               DEPARTMENT OF INDUSTRIAL & SYSTEMS ENGG
                               UNIVERSITY OF FLORIDA, GAINESVILLE FL 32611
PHONE:(352) 335-3536           Office - (352) 392-7690
E-MAIL:rexarul@ufl.edu         Office - eadc_or9@ise.ufl.edu
       rexarul@grove.ufl.edu   Office Fax - (352) 392-0867