ALternatives to caustic cleanig of eddible oil equipment?

Dear people at p2tech,

 In the near future, we will have to carry out periodic clean-ups of
a facility which serves as storage and transfer station for eddible oil.
We are interested in knowing about alternatives for such clean-up of the
storage tanks, the pumping equipment and pipes.
Although we see using caustic soda solutions as one alternative, we would
like to know of a more environmentally friendly alternative(s).

Best regards

Jorge F. Gonzalez

Jorge Froilan Gonzalez, Ph.D.                        froilan@fi.mdp.edu.ar

Facultad de Ingenieria                             Te: (+54) (23) 81 66 00
Juan B. Justo 4302                                Fax: (+54) (23) 81 00 46
7600 Mar del Plata
ARGENTINA

Alternate e-mail:  froilan@satlink.com