Sulfuric Acid Purification

We have a waste sulfuric acid from a galvanizing operation. If the acid
contains more than 1000ppm of chlorine, it is deep well injected as a
hazardous waste. If chlorine is less than 1000 ppm, it is returned to the zinc
supplier for the zinc supplier's use.  What methods are available for removing
chlorine from the acid.  We do not know the source or form of the chlorine.
Also, we would appreciate any contacts regarding on-site regeneration systems
for the sulfuric acid

Marvin Fleischman, Industrial Assessment Center, Department of
Chemical Engineering, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY
40292, 502/852-6357, FAX:502/852-6355, email:m0flei01@ulkyvm.
louisville.edu