Chemical Engineering, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY
40292, 502/852-6357, FAX:502/852-6355, email:m0flei01@ulkyvm.
louisville.edu
*** Forwarding note from M0FLEI01--ULKYVM   04/07/98 14:41 ***
To: sauhl001@starbase.ulkyvm
    p2tech@great-lakes.net
    Marvin Fleischman  <M0FLEI01@ULKYVM>

From: Marvin Fleischman, Dept. of Chemical Engineering,
University of Louisville, Louisville, KY 40292
Phone: 502-852-6357, email:m0flei01@ulkyvm.louisville.edu
Subject: Sulfuric Acid Purification
We have a waste sulfuric acid from a galvanizing operation. If the acid
contains more than 1000ppm of chlorine, it is deep well injected as a
hazardous waste. If chlorine is less than 1000 ppm, it is returned to the zinc
supplier for the zinc supplier's use.  What methods are available for removing
chlorine from the acid.  We do not know the source or form of the chlorine.
Also, we would appreciate any contacts regarding on-site regeneration systems
for the sulfuric acid

Marvin Fleischman, Industrial Assessment Center, Department of