Re: Cleaner production case studies

In reference to a request from Mr. Young-Woo Park:

> I have been faced with difficulties getting detailed information of the
> companies successful in pollution prevention and other environmentally
> benign activities.
> For this reason, I am asking you a favor providing the following
> information.

You might want to see the volume Harry Freeman edited titled "Industrial
Pollution Prevention Handbook."  It was published by McGraw-Hill in 1995,
ISBN 0-07-022148-0.  It is a compilation of contributions from many
different authors and has chapters that give case study information on
facilities from some of the industries you mentioned.

For refineries, I highly recommend the American Petroleum Institute's
"Waste Minimization in the Petroleum Industry -- A Compendium of
Practices."  This is a really practical resource.  It was published in
November 1991 and the publication number is 849-00020.  The American
Petroleum Institute's address is:
	American Petroleum Institute
	1220 L Street, Northwest
	Washington, DC 20005
	USA

An exhaustive case study of pollution prevention at a refinery was
documented in US Environmental Protection Agency reports for the
Amoco/US EPA Pollution Prevention Project in Yorktown, Virginia.  All of
the documents produced are availabe through the National Technical
Information Service at telephone 1-703-487-4650 (you might want to check
out their website at http://www.ntis.gov) but you would most likely want
the Project Summary.  The order number is PB92-228527.

There is a quarterly journal titled "Pollution Prevention Review" that you
might find to be very useful.  The Autumn 1997 issue specially focussed on
aqueous cleaning.  Usually, there are several p2 case studies from
industry in each issue.  This journal is published by John Wiley and Sons
and the ISSN is 1079-0276.

I can't think of anything else right now, but I would echo an earlier
suggestion to check out the Envirosense web page.  Good luck.

Kirsten Sinclair Rosselot, P.E.
Process Profiles
P.O. Box 8264
Calabasas, CA 91372-8264