Re: Environmental Cost Accounting Data

Bob, I've been very busy but want you to know that the EPA Region IX P2
program has been collecting just the kind of information you're looking for
on cost accounting at metal finishers. We will be presenting our approach
and software tool at the NPPR on Wednesday, April 21 from 10:15 to 11:45am
in a session entitled "How Efficient is your P2 Assessment Process?:
Getting More Out of the Technical Assistance Dollar." I'd send you stuff
now, but we'll have it in a much more user-friendly format then. Please see
me there or at our booth for more details, or contact me after the
conference if you don't attend. For platers, we've got lots of data for you
in various formats. In six months we'll have much of the same stuff for
auto repair and vehicle fleet maintenance. For cost accounting data on wet
cleaning versus dry cleaning call the UCLA P2 Education and Research Center
at (310) 206-4450 and ask for the "UCLA Wet Cleaning Demonstration Project"
Final Report. Ask for Peter Stinsheimer or Jessica Goodheart. The last
email I have is goodhear@ucla.edu.

Leif Magnuson
EPA Region IX (WST-1-1)
75 Hawthorne St.