Re: Cleaner production case studies

Dear Mr Park and listserver members,

> We are looking for information on successful pollution
> prevention/cleaner production efforts in the automobile,
> ship-building, steel, refinary, Petro-chemical, electronics,
> construction, and financing industries. These are the industries
> operated under HYUNDAI.
> Informations I would like to have are as follows:
> 1. the name of the companies that have  adopted PP or other
> environmentally friendly action; 2. structural, organizational, and
> production process changes  to implement environmental concept in
> management strategies; 3. what they have achieved since they adopted
> such concept compared to the previous practices in terms of cost and
> resource savings, and reductions on pollutants, as well as
> productivity.

You may find some really useful and interesting information relating
to your question by visiting :
The UNEP IE website
The UNIDO web site

UNEP IE web page from which you can download the diskette version of
the International Cleaner Production Clearinghouse, the ICPIC-DV
version 3, 1998, which is a collection of cleaner production database
providing you with more then 6OO case-studies from different sectors
with contact details of companies. This web page can be accessed from
the 'Cleaner Production Programme' :
http://www.unepie.org/icpic/icpic.html
warning : it may take time to download the diskette.

UNIDO web page on industries can be accessed from the 'Information
Sources on Cleaner Production (CP Topics)' :
http://www.unido.org:80/services/environment/envlearn/ftp/LUeight04.h
tml
(Be careful, it is html at the end of this adress)
Just select 'CP by industry' from the index in the left frame &
browse from there. And further down on the list you can choose 'case
studies compilation' which link you to a lot of case studies

Hoping it will be helpful for you. Don't hesistate to contact me, if
needed.

Myriam Lucas

Myriam LUCAS
Cleaner Production Programme