Re:

Look at the definition for Prevention of Pollution in the ISO 14001
standard. The term includes P2 and end of pipe treatment. Also, the
standard's requirement for continuous improvement leads companies to
preventing pollution, being more environmentally responsible with the
materials they choose to use in their manufacturing process, being more
efficient with those materials and maximizing the beneficial outputs
(products) from each unit of material input, thus minimizing scrap, waste
and the need for end of pipe treatment (we're calling this "materials
productivity").

Hope this is helpful.

wjw/

>To P2 Tech subscribers:
>
>I am doing a workshop with the Canadian Petroleum Producers Institute on P2
>in the Petroleum Industry. A subject that will be discussed is the
>relationship between P2, Prevention of Pollution and ISO 14000. Do you know
>of an ISO 14000 (or another) reference that clarifies the distinction
>between P2 and 'Prevention of pollution' ? Since this is a striong issue, I
>want to have supporting references for the participants.
>
>Thanks for any help received.
>
>Stewart Forbes
>Canadian Centre for Pollution Prevention (C2P2)
>100 Charlotte Street
>Sarnia, ON   N7T 4R2
>519-337-3423
>fax: 519-337-3486