RE: Reuse of Sludge from Blade Sharpening

    All,

    Attached, you will find a question originally posted early last
    week.  I'm re-posting the question as many individuals may have
    temporarily removed themselves from the list to attend the
    Cincinatti Conference.  Thanks,

    Ric

-- BEGIN included message

    All,

    I'm dealing with a veneer manufacturer who generates a fair amount
    of sludge in the process of sharpening blades.  The blades are
    used in machinery which slices the logs into veneer.

    Although manual sharpening methods were employed, and are still
    used in some cases, the facility also relies on a computerized
    sharpener.

    Does anyone have any P2-related experience with blade management,
    computerized sharpening equipment, and/or the use or recovery of
    components in the sludge that may have value?  One comment was
    made (and I have no idea how true or untrue it is) that diamond
    powder may be a recoverable component in the sludge.

    Any information would be appreciated.  Thanks,

    Ric
    illig.richard@a1.dep.state.pa.us

-- BEGIN included message

RFC-822-headers: