New technology

Dear P2 Tech list members:

I would like to introduce myself. I am the director, founder, president and
sole employee of Environmental Toxicology Laboratory. ETL is a small
research, development and testing laboratory, concentrating its efforts on
new approaches to toxicity testing. ETL has developed and patented a simple,
rapid and inexpensive toxicity screen for water and other types of
biological samples. I call this new toxicity test the Tetramitus Assay. This
test has several advantages over similar systems, including true whole
particle testing. The basic science of this test has been published in the
journal Toxicology and Industrial Health. The cite is: Jaffe, R.L., Rapid
assay of cytotoxicity using Tetramitus flagellates, Toxicology and
Industrial Health; Vol. 11, No. 5, pp.543-558, 1995. Additional information
can be found on ETL's web site at http://www.envirolab.com. An article about
this test was recently published in the Water Environment Federation journal
Industrial Wastewater. I am interested in speaking and networking with any
of my peers and colleagues about this new bioassay. As a one person show, I
would be more than happy to discuss a collaboration on the further
development, validation and demonstration of this technology. If this
message has reached you by mistake, I apologize. If you feel that others may
have an interest in this, please pass it on. Do not hesitate to contact me
if I can provide more information. Thank you.

Dr. Robert Jaffe - Director ETL
rjaffe@envirolab.com

Web Site:  http://www.envirolab.com
Phone: (718) 392-0185
Fax: (718) 392-8654
Postal Address: Environmental Toxicology Laboratory, Inc.
                         45-10 Court Square
                         Long Island City, NY 11101