(Fwd) RE: Printwise

Forwarded from the Printech listserv, a service of the Printers'
National Environmental Assistance Center (PNEAC).
www.pneac.org

From:          "Schmidt, Curt.C" <Curt.C.Schmidt@westgroup.com>
To:            "'printech@great-lakes.net'" <printech@great-lakes.net>
Subject:       RE: Printwise
Date:          Tue, 12 May 1998 16:11:09 -0500

 The last I heard (May 1996) the Deluxe Corporation announced that
they would no longer be manufacturing the Printwise ink for sale to
other companies.  They were continuing to manufacture the ink for
themselves out of the Chicago facility, but Printwise was in the
process of being sold to SICPA, a company that manufactures securities
ink.  At the time, Deluxe was leaving the door open for companies like
Flint and Hantschy because the SICPA deal was taking a long time to
close.  Since then, I've heard that Printwise was acquired by a
European firm, but I really don't know for sure.