RE: Sand and dust blowing from parking lot

Marvin Jarrett of our Process & Prevention Services Team suggests the
following:

Incorporate a slaked calcium oxide source into the sand with water. This
could be a waste material.  This should form a hardened mass especially
if rolled down and allowed to set.  If it does set on a small test, use
about 5% slaked lime, 10% pulverized coal fly ash (pozzolanic type), and
85% sand. Disc in, moisten well, and roll it down.  Using 10-15% high
calcium oxide pulverized coal fly ash (type C) may also work with water
and the sand.

Steve Hillenbrand
Industrial Waste Reduction Engineer
Synterprise Group, Division of Tennessee Valley Authority
(423) 632-8489; (423) 632-3616 (fax)
sjhillenbrand@tva.gov
TVA IWR HomePage  www.tva.gov/orgs/iwr/iwrhome.htm