P2 for swimming pools -Reply

** Reply Requested When Convenient **

We have some local contacts with pools, but they may be able to point you in the right direction:

Clear Water Enviro-Technologies, Inc.  (1-800-756-7946)
(813) 562-5186
Fax (813)562-5187

This company developed a pool ionization system for antibacterial treatment and algae killer.  They also have an electronic water conditioner and descaler.  Their process utilizes copper and silver.

Also, according to various pool systems, an ozonator will reduce the amount of chemicals used in tradition pool purifying processes.

As for heating, the least expensive and most efficient is propane.  However, many consumers are turning to solar heat... still quite expensive I believe.

Please let me know if this is helpful.

Tammy Allen
Pinellas County Environmental Management
Pollution Prevention and Resource Recovery Program
(813)464-4761
Fax (813)464-3174

>>> d young <dy33@juno.com> 05/22/98 04:19pm >>>
In the near future, I will be doing a energy and water use audit for a
local health and fitness club.  Does anyone know of any resources
relating to P2 for swimming pools-especially with regard to water use,
energy use (heating), and chemical use/substitution?

Thank you,
David Young
Greiner Environmental
Gloucester, MA
dy33@juno.com

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]