Re: Propylene Glycol Coolant

At 15:03 98-06-03 GMT-10, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Does anyone know what can be done with Propylene Glycol Coolant
>(product) that is used in chiller units and HVAC systems?  It is less
>hazardous than ethylene glycol, but its use is not as diverse.  It
>is not regulated, but will probably be shipped off as waste.  Any
>information would be helpful.
>
>Thanks
>
>Marlyn Aguilar
>Hawaii Dept of Health
>Solid and Hazardous Waste Branch

Marlyn,

I know propylene glycol can be used as an aircraft de-icing fluid.  You
would have to ship it to northern countries like Canada or northern states
in the US.

Denis Begin, M.Sc.
Research Assistant
University of Montreal
Department of Occupational and Environmental Health
PO Box 6128, Main Station
Montreal, Quebec, Canada H3C 3J7

514-343-2170
514-343-2200 (fax)