[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: FW: Virus Alert -Forwarded
- Subject: RE: FW: Virus Alert -Forwarded
- From: "Rushton, Chris" <Chris.Rushton@STATE.ME.US>
- Date: 15 Jun 1998 09:12:53 -0400
- Conversion: Allowed
- List-Name: P2Tech
- Original-Encoded-Information-Types: IA5-Text
- Reply-To: "Rushton, Chris" <Chris.Rushton@STATE.ME.US>
- X400-Content-Type: P2-1988 ( 22 )
- X400-Originator: Chris.Rushton@state.me.us
- X400-Received: by mta MTAMaine1 in /c=US/admd= /prmd=Mainegovt/; Relayed; 15 Jun 1998 09:12:53 -0400
- X400-Received: by /c=US/admd= /prmd=Mainegovt/; Relayed; 15 Jun 1998 09:12:53 -0400
- X400-Recipients: non-disclosure;
Thanks for sending out this clarification. Our own IS staff here at
Maine DEP had recently alerted staff to the virus being a hoax.
From: Janette Lutz
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 1998 2:53 PM
Subject: RE: FW: Virus Alert -Forwarded
<<File: MESSAGE.TXT>><<File: ATTACH01.TXT>>
The Win a Holiday virus is a hoax. Check out:
The attached also gives some pretty good information to verify such
notices in the future. Enjoy.
Janette Lutz, P.E., CHMM mailto:email@example.com
Energy and Environment Center Phone 734-769-4062
Industrial Technology Institute Fax 734-213-3405
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Ringer, Rhonda
> > Sent: Tuesday, June 09, 1998 7:44 AM
> > To: FMB Group
> > Subject: FW: Virus Alert
> > If you receive an email titled "WIN A HOLIDAY" DO NOT open it.
> > It will erase everything on your hard drive. Forward this letter
> > out to as many people as you can. This is a new, very malicious
> > virus and not many people know about it. This information was
> > announced yesterday morning from Microsoft; please share it with
> > everyone that might access the internet.
> > Once again, pass this along to everyone in your address book so
> > that this may be stopped.