RE: Disinfectant Inquiry

I do not know if it has been used at Vet hospitals, but it has been used
in people ones: high energy Ultraviolet light is very effective for
airborne contamination and some wastewater and solids.  Microwave is
used for disinfection and sterilization (like an autoclave).

There is some info on these at our publications page in our web site:

www.tva.gov/orgs/iwr/publish.htm

The Electric Power Research Institute (phone number given on documents
list page of each technology manual) has more detailed info available.

Steve Hillenbrand
Industrial Waste Reduction Engineer
Synterprise Group, Division of Tennessee Valley Authority
(423) 632-8489; (423) 632-3616 (fax)
sjhillenbrand@tva.gov
TVA IWR HomePage  www.tva.gov/orgs/iwr/iwrhome.htm