RE: P2 for steel & cast iron shavings

A manufacturer of automotive parts here in Michigan ships their waste
grinding swarf to Phillip Environmental in Canada for metals recovery in
place of landfilling.  The recovered metals are blended into other
materials and sold to the iron industry. The company's EMS/P2
objective/target is 100% grinding swarf recycled.

Janette Lutz, P.E., CHMM			mailto:jal@iti.org
Energy and Environment Center	Phone	734-769-4062
Industrial Technology Institute		Fax   	734-213-3405