Consultants or Coating Reformulators

    One & All,

    Our air quality program manager is looking for a list of resources
    (consultants or coating reformulators) that may be useful to any
    company conducting coating operations.  The problem is that many
    small companies (that often lack support services) seem to be
    developing more non-compliance problems relative to air
    regulations.  The manager would like to have a list of potential
    service providers that would be able to present options to these
    companies.  Options could include the use of improved coatings,
    improved coating application technologies, pollution control
    technologies, or some combination of these options.

    I suggested these companies should work more with their coating
    suppliers, as an initial low cost option.  The manager seems to
    lean more toward consultants that may provide several options...I
    assume at much higher costs.  I expect there is a happy medium
    somewhere and have located some coating consultants as a first
    step.

    Can anyone provide information about specific coating suppliers
    willing to actively work with customers, or consultants who work
    more in the arena of coating reformulation or the lighter side of
    technology modifications?  Adding some direction as to their
    specialities(wood, metal, etc.), if applicable, would be
    appreciated.

    Thanks for any assistance.  I would be happy to share the end
    product provided I get some responses.  Also, I will explore the
    archives for past information in this area.

    Ric
    illig.richard@a1.dep.state.pa.us