RE: Lead source

Tim,

Do you have lead mines in the area ?  Maybe some sort of dewatering
operation or mine drainage.  The final melting of snow that was in contact
with contaminated soil ?  Any dredging ?  It could be sediment stirred up
from some long forgotten site.  Are there elevated level of other
contaminants ? This might give a clue to its source.  How about
bridge/building repair ?  Much painting occurs in summer and the lead might
be from stripped paint.

Just a few thoughts to consider.

Mike.callahan@jacobs.com