From: Angela Miles <anmiles@wyoming.com>
To: p2tech@great-lakes.net <p2tech@great-lakes.net>
Date: Tuesday, July 14, 1998 5:40 PM
Subject: Toxic Slug

Recently we had a toxic slug of something at our wastewater plant.  It
caused white sudsy foaming in the oxidation ditches, slightly raised the pH
in the ditches, and caused the good bugs in our WWTP to slowly die off over
a period of two-three weeks.  Sampling for surfactants came up nondetect.
Anyone out there ever experience anything similar and/or could give clues
where to look for the source of such a pollutant?