[Fwd: powder coating masking]

-- BEGIN included message

P2 Tech,

We are currently working with a powder coating job shop that is looking
for alternatives to powder coating masking tape.  They use 1.5" high
temp green tape from Argon Masking Corp at $8.50 per 325 ft.  Their cure
temp is 400 F.

They use this masking tape to mask off the gears on metal hubs before
powder coating with polyester (thermosetting).  After curing, the tape
is discarded.

Are there any options for reuse of this tape?  Are there any
alternatives for masking other than tape of this type?  Keep in mind,
cost is the bottom line for this powder coater.  So, if anyone knows of
any other brand that is less expensive, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

Chris Schroeder
Environmental Engineer
Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Dept.