RE: Teflon curing emissions

Jennifer,

What specifically is being controlled ?  How do you define excessive ?  Most
VOC emissions would have been eliminated by the use of a water based
coating.  Venting to an afterburner would imply something else is emitted
during the curing process.  Is this a toxic or odor problem ?  Catalytic
units should be energy efficient provided they are designed, installed,
operated, and maintained properly.  Has the plant contacted the supplier ?
Before looking for alternatives, make sure the system is operating as
intended.

Regards,
Mike.callahan@jacobs.com