Parts Washers - Solvents

On the high flash point solvent option that Ric mentioned, I worked with a
facility here that was successful with continuous filtration and reuse (vendor -
Zep Manufacturing).  In their case the filters were non-hazardous, but each
cleaning operation is different.  Also, I recently saw a new system by Valvoline
that distills a portion of the solvent (directlyl under the parts washer) while
another portion of the solvent is available for use.  This second distillation
option, is illustrated by a case study (again at http://www.utep.edu/im3/p2) for
H.E.B. Grocery.

Susan Roothaan, Engineer
Texas Natural Resource Conservation Commission, MC-112
Office of Pollution Prevention and Recycling
PO Box 13087
Austin, Texas  78711-3087
phone: (512) 239-3186
fax: (512) 239-3165