More Parts Washers

    All,

    In all the talk about parts washing, can anyone explain the role
    ULTRASONICS can (or can't) play in improving the cleaning action
    of aqueous based cleaners (or replacement of solvent based
    cleaners)?

    I am interested in how these units are (or are not) being applied
    in industry or automotive fleet maintenance.  To date, I have only
    been able to observe one very new unit being tested by a
    carburetor re-building plant.  The intention was to clean small
    washers, screws, and other small parts for re-use.  Was the design
    more for cleaning parts too small and numerous for hand cleaning??

    I realize the most garages may not want an ultrasonic cleaning
    unit, but am unsure at what level ultrasonic units were designed
    to function.  My first impression is they were designed more for
    industrial use in removal of oils and grease from newly
    manufactured parts.

    Ric
    illig.richard@a1.dep.state.pa.us