Looking for Videos on P2 and EMAS -Reply

Hello:

I'm not sure if these would be too specific for your needs, but EPA's Design for the Environment (DfE) Program's printing projects have released a number of P2/cleaner production videos.  You can find out more/order about these videos by going to our Industry Projects website at http://www.epa.gov/dfe/industry.  You may also be interested in knowing that most of our printing projects' publications are tambien disponible en Espanol.  Our videos include:

Inside Flexo: A Cleaner Run for the Money (EPA/744-V-98-001) -- 19 min.
Released in April 1998, this video provides useful tips to flexographic printers for working more efficiently and saving money, while improving the environment. Veteran printers share their success stories in the following areas: (1) managing inks efficiently, (2) printing successfully with alternative inks, (3) making the best use of press return inks, (4) using new cleaning methods that improve efficiency, and (5) improving the bottom line through sound environmental practices.

"Pollution Prevention at Action Graphics" (EPA 744-V-96-001) -- 17 min.
This video focuses on one printer*s efforts to prevent pollution and reduce risks to workers.  Specifically, the video shows how the company eliminated the need for an ink remover in the screen cleaning process and, and greatly reduced its use of other solvents.

In addition, the DfE Program worked with the Screen Printing and Graphic Imaging Association, Intl. (SGIA) to produce "Saving Money, Reducing Waste: A Short Course in Pollution Prevention for Screen Printers".  This video shows screen printers' simple, effective ways to improve efficiency, prevent pollution, minimize waste and reduce cost in their shops. Topics include improved inventory control procedures, reduced chemical use, work practice changes, and employee training.
It is available for $35 from SGIA (http://www.sgia.org, tel: 703 385-1335, fax: 703 273-2870).

Last, but certainly not least, DfE is helping to provide financial support for a National Video-conference for Screen Printers to be aired December 2nd, 1998.  This program will provide screen printers and graphic imagers with practical information to help ensure they are meeting
environmental regulations. It will also show them how they can save money and limit compliance problems by reducing wastes at their
source.   More information about this event is available from the Printers' National Environmental Assistance Center (PNEAC) Website (http://www.pneac.org).

I hope this helps.....

Karen Seeh
U.S. EPA Design for the Environment (DfE) Program
401 M Street, SW (7406)
Washington, DC  20460

ph:  202/260-1714
fax:  202/260-0981

DfE Website:  http://www.epa.gov/dfe
Need a DfE publication?  Contact PPIC at 202/260-1023 or ppic@epa.gov

"The great thing in this world is not so much where we stand
as in the direction we are moving." -- Oliver Wendell Holmes

>>> IHOBE  <ihobe002@sarenet.es> 08/04/98 05:59am >>>
Hello everyone,

I am looking for VIDEOS about CLEANER TECHNOLOGIES OR ENVIRONMENTAL
MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS that have been published by  international institutions,
government departments, private companies, etc.  I would be grateful if you
could provide me with references of this kind of videos and also indicate
me where or how to get a copy of them.

Any help  would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Charo Lantaron