Re: Environmental Benchmarking for Airports

Try the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration, Office of Airports home page
at:

http://www.faa.gov/arp/arphome.htm

If you select "Browse by Topic" and scroll down to "Environment" you can
find a description of activities of the Community and Environmental Needs
Division.

The American Association of Airport Executives also have a website.  Their
environmental affairs homepage address is
http://www.airportnet.org/depts/environ/index.htm.

A friend has worked with the Vancouver International Airport to implement
an ISO 14000 environmental management system.  You can contact him at
jyarnell@sfu.edu (Patrick Yarnell, Simon Fraser University).  The
environmental management program is described on the airport's site
http://www.yvr.ca.  Select "More Information" then "Airport Authority" then
"Environmental Management."

Let me know what else you may be looking for, I have some additional
contacts who have done alot of airport environmental work.

Eastern Research Group 		www.erg.com
|______|_|  \_\\_____| 		Lexington, MA 02173
	                        	jcantin@tiac.net
	                        	jcantin@erg.com