Re: Auto repair shop

Sorry this took so long to get back to you, but I was having trouble
tracking down someone who, I felt might be able to provide you with
information on equipment that recycles this water on site.

Try Gary Day, of D.A. Stuart Company, P.O. Box 346, Batavia, NY  14201,
Tel: 416-757-3226, Fax:  416-757-3220, E-Mail:  www.dastuart.com

At 08:36 AM 6/9/98 -0400, you wrote:
>This message is forwarded on from another colleague.
>
>This person owns an auto repair shop.  The shop does not use paints.  The
owner currently washes down the service bay floor and the water is
collected into a tank.  Eventually, the wastewater gets shipped off-site as
a liquid industrial waste.  The owner would like to stop shipping the
wastewater off-site and wants alternatives (treatment on site or possibly
utilizing the wastewater elsewhere).  He is already looking into
alternative floor cleaning methods--does anyone have any suggestions?

>In addition, he is interested in purchasing a parts washer that will
utilize the wastewater from his current tank to wash his valves, oil pans,
etc.. in lieu of using mineral spirits.  Does anyone have any
recommendations on the feasibility of this or would it cause more
environmental concerns?