Re: chemical class info

There is a book called "Chemistry in the Marketplace"  written by an
Australian author (Salinger or Salzinger)  which categoriaes
chemicals into where you would find them in the home.   It is an
excellent book (no, he's not a relative) which should contain a lot
of the information that you are looking for.

Jeff

> From:          Benjamin_Smith@edf.org
> To:            p2tech@great-lakes.net
> Date:          Wed, 26 Aug 1998 08:44:17 +1200
> Subject:       chemical class info

> From: Benjamin Smith@EDF on 08/25/98 04:44 PM
>
> Subject:  chemical class info
>

> I am putting together some general chemical information (i.e. hazards,
> alternatives, attributes to look for / avoid) grouped into the following
> functional use categories.  The focus is  on consumer products and is
> intended to provide guidance to product formulators.
>
>    aerosol propellants
>    bleaching agents
>    cleaning and washing agents
>    oxidizing agents
>    pesticide solvents
>    pharmaceutical solvents
>    surface-active agents / surfactants
>
> Most of my internet research thus far has turned up very little since most
> chemical information can only be accessed by specific chemical name, CAS #,
> etc.  If you have any suggestions as to where I might find this information
> (grouped in the above categories).  Please contact me if any clarification
> regarding my query is necessary.
>
> Thank you.
>

> Elizabeth Fastiggi
> Environmental Defense Fund
> Alliance for Environmental Innovation
> 1875 Connecticut Ave., Suite 1016, NW
> Washington, DC  20009
> email: elizabeth_fastiggi@edf.org
> tel: 202-387-3500
> fax: 202-234-6049
>

>       Benjamin Smith
>       Outreach Coordinator
>       Environmental Defense Fund's Pollution Prevention Alliance
>       1875 Connecticut Ave., NW
>       Washington, D.C.  20009
>       202/387-3500 ext.  116
>       202/234-6049 fax