No Subject

P2 Tech'ers:

As many of you are aware, EPA Region 9, in conjunction with the NPPR and
CCAR, is putting together a set of top-notch pollution prevention materials
for auto repair and vehicle fleet maintenance operations. Using advisory
panels made up of P2 practitioners in the auto repair and fleet maintenance
industries, we have identified the top P2 techniques and technologies that
give the greatest environmental benefit at a reasonable cost to auto shops
and fleets. We are now pulling together the detailed information on costs,
implementation issues and environmental benefits for those top P2 "fixes"
AND WE NEED YOUR HELP!!

We are looking for any information on the following fleet maintenance P2
activities:

1.    First-hand implementation experience with reusable, "in-line" engine
oil filters.

2.    Experience, case-studies, anecdotal stories about testing engine oil
quality to determine fleet-specific engine oil change schedules (versus a
strict time/mileage e.g. every 3000 miles).

3.    Experience, case studies, anecdotal stories concerning efforts to
design and implement a chemical/product inventory management system in
fleet  (e.g. what criteria did they use for choosing products, how much did
it cost/save, what did it take to implement the system)

We are particularly interested in environmental and cost results and
impacts.  Also, we would appreciate a name and phone/email so that we can
follow up any promising leads.

The information collected by this effort will be shared with the P2
community through a series of technical fact sheets, training material, and
videos we are producing. These should be available by March 1999. We have
had great interest in these materials from national trade associations and
P2 providers. HELP US HELP THEM BY PROVIDING THE BEST INFORMATION YOU HAVE
AVAILABLE!

If you can help in these areas, please email John Katz, EPA Region 9 at
katz.john@epamail.epa.gov.

If you have any questions about the project, feel free to call John at
415-744-2150 or Leif Magnuson at 415-744-2153.

Thanks in advance!