Re: FYI:enzyme deodorizers

>At 01:52 PM 9/17/98 -0400, you wrote:
>>>From: Greg Newman <Greg_Newman@p2pays.org>
>>>To: "'p2tech@great-lakes.net'" <p2tech@great-lakes.net>,
>>>        "'sewer-list@mcfeeley.cc.utexas.edu'"
>><sewer-list@mcfeeley.cc.utexas.edu>
>>>Subject: enzyme deodorizers
>>>Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1998 16:48:41 -0400
>>>Sender: owner-p2tech@great-lakes.net
>>>
>>>Hello Everyone
>>>
>>>We are presently working with a PORTA-JON off-loading facility which is
>>>interested in reducing BOD levels in their effluent to reduce local POTW
>>>surcharges.  BOD breakdown would be difficult to achieve due to the
presence
>>>of formaldehyde based deodorizers added to the PORTA-JONs and the
absence of
>>>a large holding tank on site.  I have heard of enzyme deodorizers which can
>>>be added to the PORTA-JON to both deodorize and breakdown organic material
>>>before the effluent is removed.  Does anyone have information or experience
>>>with these products?  Thanks in advance.  Greg
>>>
>>>Greg Newman
>>>NC Div. of Pollution Prevention & Environmental Assistance
>>>PO Box 29569
>>>Raleigh  NC 27626-9569
>>>Ph: (919) 715-6515  Fax: (919) 715-6794

Hy Guys,

I sent this to the University's Center for Environmental Engineering,
Science and Technology, and got this suggestion:

Dear Janet;

Have Greg try the following web site:

http://www.polybac.com/

Regards Cliff Bruell
(Professor)

Janet Clark <clarkjan@turi.org>
Technology Transfer Manager
MA Toxics Use Reduction Institute
University of Massachusetts
One University Ave.
Lowell, MA  01854-2866
Tel 978-934-3346, Fax 978-934-3050
http://www.turi.org
http://www.turi.org/P2GEMS
http://cleaning.org
And a new web site to check out for pvc- and mercury-free hospitals:
http://www.uml.edu/centers/LCSP/hospitals