NEED INFO FOR WMOs

following will be useful.

*	Several years ago, Levi Strauss (blue jeans) found an outlet to
recycle denim scrap into paper.  I do not know if the company continues to
use this same outlet.  Perhaps the firm would be able to give you more
details about this recycling effort.  The web address is:
<http://www.levistrauss.com/> http://www.levistrauss.com/  .  You will
probably find a telephone number and mailing address in the firms web site.
*	Interface Flooring Systems, Inc.,  David Whitley is a contact for
Interface Flooring at 706-812-6193.  Although I am not certain which fabrics
are used by Interface Flooring, Mr. Whitley offered to suggest some
recyclers who may be able to help your firm.
*	Try a waste exchange organization.  In Pennsylvania, Millenium
Exchange, Ltd. is a not-for-profit business providing this service.  Try
Millenium Exchange, Ltd. at the following web address:
<http://www.millenniumexchange.com/> http://www.millenniumexchange.com/  .
The Millenium representative may have the name of a contact person /
exchange organization nearest the location of the futon manufacturer.
Hope the information above will be helpful.

Jo Anne Hollash	PA DEP	717-787-0121
<mailto:hollash.joanne@dep.state.pa.us> hollash.joanne@dep.state.pa.us

-------------------------------
We are conducting an audit for a Futon mfg company.  They have waste
consisting of small pieces of fabric, large burlap bags and husk.  Does
anyone have ideas where to recycle? Or if these type of WMOs have been done?
Please respond asap with any info, it would be very much appreciated.
Specifics on the waste:
Burlap Bags:  Bags which contained 500 pounds of cotton.
Fabric:  9 cubic yards generated per week.  They are mostly small pieces,
shredded.
Husk:  Husk is from the cotton, 25 pound generated per week.

Christine Miktarian

Industrial Assessment Center
School of Engineering
San Francisco State University