[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
RE: Closed mold fiberglass case studies
- Subject: RE: Closed mold fiberglass case studies
- From: "Moulton, Peter T" <Peter.T.Moulton@STATE.ME.US>
- Date: 29 Sep 1998 11:50:04 -0400
- Conversion: Allowed
- List-Name: P2Tech
- Original-Encoded-Information-Types: IA5-Text
- Reply-To: "Moulton, Peter T" <Peter.T.Moulton@STATE.ME.US>
- X400-Content-Type: P2-1988 ( 22 )
- X400-Originator: Peter.T.Moulton@state.me.us
- X400-Received: by mta MTAMaine1 in /c=US/admd= /prmd=Mainegovt/; Relayed; 29 Sep 1998 11:50:04 -0400
- X400-Received: by /c=US/admd= /prmd=Mainegovt/; Relayed; 29 Sep 1998 11:50:04 -0400
- X400-Recipients: non-disclosure; <"01CFC361101AC3F3*/c=us/admd= /prmd=Mainegovt/o=msmail/s=Moulton/g=Peter/i=T/"@MHS>
I do not know what is meant, exactly, by "closed moulding".
Does the "SCRIMP" process count? This is a process used by a few
fiberglass boat builders in Maine where the liquid mixture of resin and
hardener is pulled via vacuum through the space between the mold and a
sheet of plastic. The result: almost no emissions of vapors from the
fiberglass curing process and likewise little or no emissions from open
Cannot remember what "SCRIMP" stands for, but it is a company's trade
name, and the only facilities allowed to use this process are those
facilities that purchase a license from the company.
No information on the company resides in my head, but it is easy to get.
Let me know if you desire more information.
Peter T. Moulton
Division of Technical Services, Bureau of Remediation
State of Maine Department of Environmental Protection
State House Station #17
Augusta, ME 04333
tel. 207-287-8161 Fax. 207-287-7826
case (upper or lower) does not matter on email address
From: Cindy McComas[SMTP:CMCCOMAS@mntap.sph.umn.edu]
Sent: Thursday, September 17, 1998 10:40 AM
To: 'P2 Tech'
Subject: Closed mold fiberglass case studies
I am looking for case studies/success stories of fiberglass shops that
closed molding so I can fill in a matrix project for the NPPR Workgroup.
Please send any of these case studies to me at:
1313 5th Street, SE #207
University of Minnesota
Minneapolis, MN 55414
Thanks for your help!