FW: Info on Awards/Recognition P2 Programs

Dear Mr. Ludwig,

--	You may find some useful information to help you at the following
web pages:
				http://www.dep.state.pa.us/
Begin with this paragraph	--
		GOVERNOR'S AWARDS KICK OFF POLLUTION PREVENTION WEEK
In celebration of Pennsylvania's Pollution Prevention week, Sept. 20-27,
Gov. Tom Ridge this week presented 42 Governor's Awards for Environmental
Excellence to recognize successful pollution prevention and energy
efficiency programs in communities statewide.

	You may find other useful information within the Pennsylvania
Department of Environmental Protection homepage above.

--	Some additional information you requested should be contained in the
Office of Pollution Prevention and Compliance Assistance web page, beginning
with:

http://www.dep.state.pa.us/dep/deputate/pollprev/pollution_prevention.html
	Includes	--	What's Going on in OPPCA
				September 22nd, Live Webcast of the 1998
Governor's Awards for Environmental Excellence.

--	The following URL specific to the Governor's Awards recognition
program is:

http://www.dep.state.pa.us/dep/deputate/pollprev/P2_Features/awards.htm

		1998 Governor's Awards for Environmental Excellence,
Application
		1998 Governor's Awards for Environmental Excellence, Request
for an Application
			Some criteria information is available in the
application.
		1997 Governor's Awards for Environmental Excellence, Awards
Winners
		1997 Governor's Awards for Environmental Excellence, Awards
Booklet

		1996 Governor's Award Winners: Summaries of the 1996 winning
projects and programs

		1995 Governor's Award Winners: Summaries of the 1995 winning
projects and programs

		1994 Governor's Award Winners: Summaries of the 1994 winning
projects and programs

You asked for ways to measure success.  Some measurements our office
receives from industry and non-business winners includes seeing the award
plaques in the front entry of the winners' buildings, banners/signs on the
exterir of some winners' buildings, using some facilities as tour sites to
demonstrate pollution prevention succsses, some winning businessses "mentor"
other businesses in pollution prevention, willingness to be highlighted in
success stories, and other.

--	INFORMATION: This section keeps you abreast of current events, OPPCA
publications, grant programs, and contacting OPPCA staff.	Explore the
various reports/publications at URL:

http://www.dep.state.pa.us/dep/deputate/pollprev/Information/informat.htm
	Page 17  of the "OPPCA First Year Annual Report" at the above site
may be helpful as well.

I hope the information above will be helpful to you.

      Jo Anne Hollash		PA DEP - OPPCA
	15th FL, RCSOB				P. O. Box 8772
Harrisburg, PA 17105-8772
	Voice   717-787-0121	   Fax   717-783-2703	E-mail
hollash.joanne@dep.state.pa.us