RE: Closed mold fiberglass case studies

Cindy McComas and all P2Techers,
 Here are some sources of information on the SCRIMP process, which
reduces fumes during the curing of fiberglass.  The process is called
"infusion" if you want to mention the process without referring to the
company which licenses it.

1.
SCRIMP Systems, LLC
6 Blue Ribbon Road
Carolina, RI  02812
(401) 539-2100  fax:  (401) 539-8336
email:    (from a Jan 97 publication)

2.
Professional Boatbuilder
October/November 1994
Look for the article "Resin-Infusing Techniques"
This article talks about the Hinckley Company in Southwest Harbor, Maine.
I do not have any address information on the magazine because all I have
is the one-article reprint that came from a trade show.

3.
Professional Boatbuilder
December 96/January 97 Volume ?, Number 44
Look for the article "North End Infuses a 90 Footer" (yacht)
This article talks about North End Composites Rockland, Maine.

4.
Go to the world wide web site
http://www.state.me.us
 then go to
 http://www.state.me.us/dep/case/intro.htm
  then go to
  http://www.state.me.us/dep/case/hinckley.htm
You will see a case study titled:
The Hinckley Company
Eliminating Acetone and Reducing Styrene Emissions in Yacht Building
Operation
Cindy, a hard copy of the case study is being sent to you.
Barb, thanks for locating this for me.

5.
The Hinckley Company
PO Box 699
Southwest Harbor, ME  04679
Contact: Terry Musson, Health, Safety and Environmental Programs; (207)
244-5531

6.
North End Composites (div of the Sabre Corporation)
PO Box 548
Rockland, ME  04841
(207) 594-8821

Hope this helps.
Peter T. Moulton
Division of Technical Services, Bureau of Remediation
State of Maine Department of Environmental Protection
State House Station #17
Augusta, ME  04333
tel. 207-287-8161   Fax. 207-287-7826
Peter.T.Moulton@state.me.us
case (upper or lower) does not matter on email address