Re: Case study on successful public ed campaign

At 07:50 AM 10/2/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi!  I am looking for an example of a successful public education
>campaign, such as encouraging citizens to take on practices that
>reduce Non-point source pollution.  It does not have to NPS - just a
>sucessful campaign.  Any leads would be much appreciated!
>
>Thanks in advance!
>
>Martha Arosemena
>Texas Natural Resource Conservation Commission
>Office of Pollution Prevention & Recycling, MC112
>P.O. Box 13087
>Austin, TX  78711-3087
>phone: 512/239-3185
>fax: 512/239-3165

Hi Martha,

We have a community grants program that has been very successful at a
variety of community levels, in large part because we have let the
communities create the projects themselves.  See our website under
"Communities".

Janet Clark <clarkjan@turi.org>
Technology Transfer Manager
MA Toxics Use Reduction Institute
University of Massachusetts
One University Ave.
Lowell, MA  01854-2866
Tel 978-934-3346, Fax 978-934-3050
http://www.turi.org
http://www.turi.org/P2GEMS
http://cleaning.org
And a new web site to check out for pvc- and mercury-free hospitals:
http://www.uml.edu/centers/LCSP/hospitals