RE: Case study on successful public ed campaign

At 07:50 AM 10/2/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi!  I am looking for an example of a successful public education campaign,
such as encouraging citizens to take on practices that reduce Non-point
source pollution.  It does not have to NPS - just a sucessful campaign.  Any
leads would be much appreciated!

>Thanks in advance!
>
>Martha Arosemena		Texas Natural Resource Conservation
Commission
>Office of Pollution Prevention & Recycling, MC112
>P.O. Box 13087		Austin, TX  78711-3087
>phone: 512/239-3185	fax: 512/239-3165

Hi Martha,

I think the City of Albuquerque has done some work in this area.  Try the
following URL:

http://www.cabq.gov/sewer/pollution.html

Also Pennsylvania DEP is working in this area.  I am faxing three pages to
you to summarize the PA NPS public edcation campaign.  The Pennsylvania
Nonpoint Source (NPS) Management Program 1998 Update manual should be on the
web in about 2-3 weeks.		Please visit the PA DEP web site at:
http://www.dep/state.pa.us  .

CLICK on Subjects/Water Management/Bureau of Watershed

Conservation

to find information about the NPS program.

									Jo
Anne Hollash  				PA DEP - OPPCA
									15th
FL, RCSOB				P. O. Box 8772

Harrisburg, PA 17105-8772	Voice   717-787-0121	   Fax
717-783-2703

E-mail  hollash.joanne@dep.state.pa.us