Compostable absorbent

Hello P2Tech-ers,

In line with the question I had a couple of weeks ago about leaking garbage trucks, I was wondering if there was any information out there about compostable absorbent material.  Just as a reminder, one of our local governments is picking up yard waste which is quite wet at times (imagine that in the Pacific NW), and the trucks leak the liquid from the waste.  All plugs on the truck check out, and some of the trucks have had their containment increased to no avail.  So, if compostable absorbent could be added, that would be a large plus.  Any leads??

cmd