Enforcement and P2

I have another interesting question from our region (this could be a much busier week than usual).  I've checked out the archives in P2 Tech and struck out there.  Hopefully someone out there in cyberspace can help out.  We are looking for any documents that (1) compare the effectiveness of voluntary compliance assistance and enforcement programs or (2) report that strong enforcement is an essential element to a companies decision to deploy pollution prevention strategies.  Anything that is a "quotable" source would be great.  Any leads to a such a source would also be helpful.

Thanks for you help!

cmd

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Catherine M. Dickerson
Technical Lead
Pacific Northwest Pollution Prevention Resource Center
1326 Fifth Avenue, Suite 650
Seattle, WA 98101
Phone: 206-223-1151
FAX: 206-223-1165