Re: Enforcement and P2

Dear Ms. Dickerson,

	In the forthcoming issue of the Journal of Industrial Ecology, there will
be an extensive review of voluntary and cooperative approaches to
environmental policy.  The issue is due to be published in December.
Information about the journal can be obtained from
<http://mitpress.mit.edu/JIE>

Reid Lifset

At 02:36 PM 10/13/98 -0700, you wrote:
>I have another interesting question from our region (this could be a much
>busier week than usual).  I've checked out the archives in P2 Tech and
>struck out there.  Hopefully someone out there in cyberspace can help out.
>We are looking for any documents that (1) compare the effectiveness of
>voluntary compliance assistance and enforcement programs or (2) report that
>strong enforcement is an essential element to a companies decision to deploy
>pollution prevention strategies.  Anything that is a "quotable" source would
>be great.  Any leads to a such a source would also be helpful.
>
>Thanks for you help!
>
>cmd
>

>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>Catherine M. Dickerson
>Technical Lead
>Pacific Northwest Pollution Prevention Resource Center
>1326 Fifth Avenue, Suite 650
>Seattle, WA 98101
>Phone: 206-223-1151
>FAX: 206-223-1165
>email:  cdickerson@pprc.org
>Web Site: http://www.pprc.org/pprc
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reid Lifset
Editor, Journal of Industrial Ecology
School of Forestry & Environmental Studies
Yale University
205 Prospect Street
New Haven, CT  06511-2189  USA
203-432-6949 (tel)