RE: Accounting for external costs

Yoiu might want to try the federal EPA and do a search at:
http://www.epa.gov/epahome/search.html  .

		TYPE IN SUBJECT	external cost*
		CLICK 			search
When using the search I used the phrase		external cost*	and found
the following:
	Public Access Server Search Results
	Your query "<and>(external cost*)" matched 89 documents out of
195027.

An alternative search technique may help as well in:
	Browse by subject at:	http://www.epa.gov/epahome/browse.htm  .

	For your example of secondhand smoke, the Indoor Air Quality web
site is at 	http://www.epa.gov/iaq/  .
		CHOOSE		11 common sources of indoor air pollution /
search IAQ
		TYPE IN SUBJECT	second* smoke
		CLICK 			search