Mercury Data

P2Techs -

We are evaluating mercury sources on a project being done for Kelly
Moran at the Palo Alto Regional Water Quality Control Plant.

Do any of you have primary data for:

	(1)  Mercury measured in human waste (feces and urine).

	(2)  Mercury measured in dental office discharges.

The human waste data we have so far are for a study group of Swedish
people who happened not to eat fish, a major source of mercury in the
diet.  In addition, we have some dietary intake estimates from secondary
sources.

We know of some dental office information, as well, but don't have good
citations to help us find the publications.  For example, dental office
mercury discharges were studied in 1994 by Cailas et al. at the
University of Illinois, American Dental Association Health Foundation,
and Great Lakes Research Institute, and in 1995 by Drummond et al. at
the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign and the Great Lakes Naval
Research Institute.  Does anyone have these or similar publications?

Any suggestions?  We am especially interested in primary sources so we
can tell exactly how the mercury measurements were made, including where
the samples were taken (e.g., at the chair or outside the building).

Thanks in advance for any information you can share.

Thomas Barron, PE
P2 Consultant
3351 Beechwood Drive
Lafayette, CA 94549