Labeling of lead in products

Hey guys,

I have a question regarding the labeling of products that contain lead. I
have
searched on the Internet in OSHA and EPA for this topic and can't seem to
find
any definite information.

We have a manufacturer that is making a product that contains some lead in it
(yes, I know that it is hazardous. They have searched for a substitute but
there
is nothing at the current time.). This is a consumer product that goes into
homes and military bases. Currently it is labeled as to "Keep out of the
reach
of children." There is no labeling anywhere as to the fact that it does
contain
lead.

In addition, they are shipping the product across the US and possibly
overseas.
Nowhere on the boxes is any mention that the product contains lead.

What I am looking for is what are the labeling requirements for lead?
What reporting requirements do they have- with the EPA or OSHA?

Thank you.

Kirsten Koepsel
Kirsten M. Koepsel
Texas Manufacturing Assistance Center