Bigger than Phantom Menace?

Bigger than Phantom Menace?  Well, probably not, but it could
happen ...

*************************************
Reminder:  Make sure you are registered to attend the December 2
videoconference, "Using Screen Printing Technologies for Business and
Environmental Success."

If you are interested in learning more about environmental challenges
faced by screen printers, and how new technologies are helping screen
printers grow business while improving environmental performance,
this is one program you can't miss.

This videoconference is being brought to you through the cooperative
efforts of Printers National Environmental Assistance Center, the
Screenprinting and Graphic Imaging Association (SGIA), and the
University of Wisconsin-Extension, with funding from EPA.

The program will feature three case studies:
(1) Romo, Inc. of DePere, which reduced TRI emissions by over 90%
through changing screen cleaning chemicals and practices;
(2) Modernistic, Inc. of St. Paul, the first screen
printer in the U.S. to install a large-format computer-to-screen
system, eliminating traditional photoprocessing and related wastes;
and (3) T.S. Designs of Burlington, NC, which has reduced air
emissions and increased efficiency through adoption of a water-based,
automated adhesive application system.

For you sports fans we'll also have a "You Make the Call" segment.
See if our printers stay in-bounds on the screen pass.  We'll also
have "One Minute Futures" from industry experts.

To find the downlink location nearest you, check out the current list
at the PNEAC Web site, at http://www.pneac.org/vc98/vc98home.html
.. Or you can call Kimberly Swanson at 608-262-0910, or SGIA at 703-
385-1335.

-Wayne

Wayne P. Pferdehirt, P.E., AICP
U. of Wis., Solid & Hazardous Waste Education Center
610 Langdon Street, Room 532, Madison, WI  53703-1195
Phone:  608/265-2361     Fax:  608/262-6250
pferdehi@epd.engr.wisc.edu