Rotary screen printing

You pose some interesting questions regarding rotary screen printing, but
unfortunately, I do not think you will find your answers domestically.

First of all, most, if not all, rotary screens are comprised mostly of nickel,
not stainless steel. They are divided, basically, into two different
groups...a nickel matrix coated with a lacquer emulsion, and a plated screen,
commonly referred to as a "galvano"

I have been in rotary screen printing for over 20 years. I have headed up
operations for Greenwood Mills, Dan River, Spartan Mills, etc.  To this date,
I have never seen an operation who tries to reclaim old screens. Typically,
the screens are stored waiting future orders or are destroyed and sold for
their scrap metal value.  While I'm aware of flatbed and carousel printers
reclaiming screens, this typically does not happen in the rotary format.

You mention that you would like to acquire MSDS' for rotary inks. It would be
helpful to know what type of substrate you intend to print. For "wet"
printers, reactive dyes are used on cellulosic fibers, acid dyes on nylon &
acetates, disperse dyes on polyesters, etc.  Of course, the ubiquitous pigment
colors are used on virtually every type of substate printed, with obvious
shortcomings.

If you would like to discuss this further, you can contact me at work (I am
currently Printing Superintendent at Intex Corporation, Pilot Mountain, NC)
(336) 368-5636, email (work) Garnetts@intexcorporation, or email (home)
Gsmith8479@aol.com

Garnett Smith