Codes of Practices

The Canadian Centre for Pollution Prevention is collecting Codes of
Practices and BMPs for several sectors.  These sectors include:

1.  Automotive Service and Repair (this sector is separated into 7 areas)
Mechanical Repair, Collision Repair, Auto Dealers, Towing, Automotive
Recycling, Service Stations, Car Washes / Detail Shops
2.  Food Services (restaurants, small bakeries, etc)
3.  Dental Offices
4.  Small Breweries (including micro, brew-pubs, U-brews)
5.  Dry-cleaning
6.  Photo-processing (and medical imaging)
7.  Carpet Cleaners

Our focus is in receiving Codes of Practice more so than BMPs, but whatever
is available is great.  Criteria for these Codes include:
- adopted in areas of North America / or copies of final drafts
- 1995 or later, but will go to 1990
- pollution prevention focus
- preferably been through a stakeholder process but not necessary

I am not having much luck in the Carpet Cleaners or Small Breweries sector.
The other sectors I have alot of phone calls out and people are starting to
respond.

Your time is greatly appreciated.  If you have any questions, please do not
hesitate to contact me. Thank you in advance.

Deb Foster
Canadian Centre for Pollution Prevention (C2P2)
'Canada's Foremost P2 Resource'
100 Charlotte Street
Sarnia, ON   N7T 4R2
1-800-667-9790