Surface Preparation and Cleaning of Bridgres

I am looking for information on the Surface Preparation and Cleaning of
Steel and other Hard Materials by High-and Ultrahigh Pressure Water Jetting
Prior to Recoating.

The bridges that we are rehabilitating are rusted and we are planning to
repaint them. Since the bridges in concern are over rivers and streams,
rather than sandblast them we are proposing cleaning them with  high
pressure water, collecting the lead chips that fall on to a tarp, and
filtering the water.

If anyone has tried the technique please give me a phone number, name
websites etc.

Please email at wadhawal@gov.ns.ca

Thanks

Alok Wadhawan
Environmental Services
Nova Scotia Department of Transportataion and Public Works