Subject: Traffic Paint
Author:  "Alok Wadhawan" <TPWDOM#c#TPWDOM.TPWPUR#c#WADHAWAL@gov.ns.ca> at
INTERNET
Date:    12/9/98 9:19 AM

Is there a jurisdiction that presently utilizes water based traffic paint
for centerline marking and edge of pavement marking.

The Nova Scotia department of Transportation is utilizing approximately 10%
water based paint, however with the construction season being short (approx
April-October) the Department has been using oil based paints.

If I could get some information from anyone regarding the use of water
based paints for traffic line markings, the specs used, the MSDS sheets it
would be appreciated.

I would especially like to hear from people in the northern states like
Maine, or other provinces that has weather similar to ours.

Thanks

Alok Wadhawan
email: wadhawal@gov.ns.ca