P2 and cosmetology

P2 techers,

I was very recently approached by a family friend from North Carolina on
this very topic in terms of beauty salons and water use (a drought is
requiring 50% water use reduction or close your doors).  I was
interested in what types of energy and water conservation practices are
in use at these salons.  I did some research into water flow restrictors
(which are apparently required in at least California and Arizona,
unfortunately not in NM).  It seems that the energy and water savings
would go along way to saving these shops alot of money while conserving
resources.  Just a thought.  Most of the salons I polled in the Santa Fe
area had no idea what their water use rates were or if they had flow
restrictors on their rinsing hoses.

Pat Gallagher
NM Environment Department