RE: P2 and the Y2K "Bug"

Robert,

I would be interested in knowing if anyone has identified a "real" problem
with Y2K.  All of the articles I have read to date, including the CEP
article, are vague in providing actual problems. For example, where would
you need to control a process based on the year and not the second, minute,
or hour ? Can someone give me an actual process control example of where the
assumption of 19XX instead of 20XX matters ?  With all the money being spent
to address this problem, we should be flooded with concrete examples of how
potential upsets and releases were averted.  So far, all i have seen are
urgent cries to spend more money reviewing code and replacing controls for
what is an assumed problem.

Mike.callahan@jacobs.com